Pre-trip planning for Aging Loved Ones
• Consult with your travel agent for suggestions. For example, many tour operators specialize in accommodating the needs of traveling seniors especially if they need to be assisted when it comes to their senior care.
• Find out about the medical facilities in the areas you will be visiting.
• Research important factors such as climate, language and culture. Buy a guide book and read it before you go.
• Make arrangements for wheelchairs, guide dogs and seating needs well in advance.
• Organize travel insurance with pre-existing illness cover if needed.
• If you are concerned about your health, arrange to go on a package tour.